Certificate Program Overview
Improve patient care and strengthen your commitment to clinical excellence with an all-new CE program from the Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses (APGNN), in partnership with the Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN). Available as an education bundle or a-la-carte learning modules, the evidence-based program intended for pediatric nurses, nurse practitioner, and physician assistants, but is also customizable to fit the educational goals psychologists, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals.
- Thirteen learning modules available, focusing on a wide range of Pediatric GI topics
- Completion of the program (all 13 modules) will award the participant a "Certificate in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Nursing"
- Certificate is valid for five years to ensure content is updated per medical guidelines. A renewal process will be available to keep the certificate current.
- Also available to purchase as individual modules with CE credit, allowing the participant to pick and choose topics of interest
Module Topics Available
- Abdominal Pain
- Allergic Conditions of the GI Tract
- Celiac Disease
- Disorders of Gut-Brain Interaction
- Enteral Tubes
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Introduction to Liver Disease
- Obesity & NAFLD
- Flexible, self-paced, interactive format
- Assessment-Based certificate ensures rigor and comprehension of key concepts through validated post-test with requirement to pass all post-tests with at least 80%.
- Content developed by nursing subject-matter-experts and reviewed by physician colleagues
- Educational Investment: Similarly priced to the cost of attending a national meeting without the expense of travel and lodging
- Purchase of the entire bundle provides 18.5 CEs and 1.75 pharmacology hours
- Nursing & Advanced Practice Provider Benefits
- Excellent resource for new-to-GI nurses and advanced practice providers
- Seasoned nurses/APPs who may subspecialize in one area can review updated guidelines to maintain well-rounded knowledge in all aspects of pediatric gastroenterology
- Supports advancement of clinical ladders, while meeting required CE credits for licensure
- Organization & Hospital Benefits
- Comprehensive, evidence-based onboarding program for nurses that meets national standards
- Curated resources for APGNN Members and program participants
- Improved quality of care within division as well as support of clinical ladder and Magnet Recognition
- Physician Benefits
- Nurses will have an increased baseline knowledge as they triage patient concerns and manage interim-visit care for patients
- Fosters a sense of clinical inquiry and opportunity for improved collaboration between team members
- Care teams (i.e. - social work, psychology, nutrition, residents) working with a specific GI population can gain deeper understanding of the medical presentation, thus improving care for patients
After completion of the Certificate program, any participant with a complaint or concern about the integrity or quality of this program can contact us here.